It is a well-known fact that the number of stressful factors you are exposed to every day can lead to serious health disorders. Despite being often underestimated, insomnia is one of the first signs your body gives in order to remind you that you have to slow down and accept the daily challenges at home or at the office without overreacting. Of course, the reason for insomnia can be pretty innocent caused by the strong coffee you had in the afternoon. However, if you are finding difficulties falling asleep almost every night, then, there is something you are doing wrong. In most cases making slight changes in your daily menu does an excellent job.
TopDomesticCleaners London made a list of foods that are said to be efficient in dealing with the midnight tossing and turning and helping you “cleanse” your mind and body:
- The golden rule for having a good sleep is avoid the abundant dinner as well as the alcoholic drinks before going to bed. Opt for some salad instead of a steak. A glass of wine wouldn’t hurt. You should be aware of the quantities though.
- Honey is a food that can be used for numerous purposes – from cooking to coping with insomnia. Take a teaspoon of honey before going to sleep or drink a cup of honey – lemon tea.
- Ginger root can be an added ingredient of the recipe above. Add some peeled ginger root to your tea and you will feel its calming effect really soon.
- Remember when you was a kid that your parents made you drink a cup of milk before going to sleep. Well, that’s absolutely reasonable because the milk is said to be a natural muscle relaxant. Plus, it helps your body and the brain, in particular, to produce melatonin and tryptophan, which helps you fall asleep much faster.
- Bananas are said to have the highest calorific value among the fruits but they are irreplaceable when you want to cleanse your body from toxins and beat insomnia at the same time. A banana or two can even substitute the dinner. They also act as a muscle relaxant and improve your mood.
- Cherries are a great source of vitamins and they are also extremely helpful for dealing with insomnia as they are among the fruits that contain melatonin, which has really positive impact on the body in general.
- Is there anyone who haven’t heard about the magic properties of the nuts? They are the ideal food for dieting, improving the brain activity and… beating insomnia as well. Although all the nuts are considered to bring benefits to your body, almonds are what you need for having a good sleep. The same rule applies for the pumpkin seeds. They are a source of vital elements that make you feel relaxed. If you don’t like the taste of the pumpkin seeds, just put a teaspoon in your salad and they shouldn’t be a bother.
- Oatmeal is not appropriate for breakfast only. They are rich in carbohydrates and they also have calming effect. Having a cup of oatmeal instead of a cup of coffee in the late afternoon can save you the midnight troubles.
Needless to say, you can always ask for a professional piece of advice or even take some stronger medicines but almost all the experiments, intended to find the reason for insomnia, have concluded that the state of mind plays an important role in beating it. Having positive thoughts, enjoying life and combining work and fun times guarantees that you will wake up refreshed in the morning.